Ayurveda is a scientific medical approach to treating various diseases, symptoms and living ecstatically which was introduced by ancient Indian gurus. The importance of Ayurveda and the way they utilize the naturally available resources and treat any disease made it popular, Indians are again utilizing the benefit provided by Ayurvedic medical science. In a similar context we will discuss kulekhara leaf benefits, this is a meditational plant which has various hidden advantages to it.
Ayurveda, Naturopathy and human health system
Ayurveda is one of the oldest medical sciences that deals with keeping the overall health of human being disease free. For that, they majorly use various medicinal plant extracts. With the introduction of other medical sciences like Allopathy which completely operates on external chemicals, and became so popular as it was quick pain reliving, Ayurveda lost its charm in our country. But in recent times people started shifting from a quick relief to more holistic development of their body.
Nowadays, people are more concerned with their overall health development and for that, they want to be dependent on the natural world or Naturopathy. The use of mediational plants and herbs is not the recent development of Ayurveda, because people started paying attention towards this science even more than previously, we have seen some magical benefits of plants and herbs which we earlier used to discard.
Some scientific information about Kulekhara leaves
The quick fact about kulekhara leaves is that it is very helpful to increase the haemoglobin factor in our blood. Due to harsh environmental conditions and our lifestyle changes our body has also started to lose its natural functionality and problems like low hemoglobin in blood became a common deficiency in today’s world. In this article, we will be discussing the kulekhara leaves benefits, and one of their benefits is to maintain the haemoglobin level in the blood to an optimum level.
Traditionally we call kulekhara leaves Talimkhana in Hindi and Hygrophila auriculata in scientific terms. This plant is highly beneficial and each part of this plant has a distinctive benefit right from roots, leaves, stems and flowers. One of the benefits has been discussed briefly that it helps to maintain the haemoglobin level in the body for other kulekhara leaves benefits stay tuned to this blog.
Also read: The Benefits of Okra Water in enhancing female sexually
Nutritional Benefits of Kulekhara Leaves
We need to know the nutrient composition of the plant before understanding the kulekhara leaves benefits. This plant has been mentioned in various ancient texts but due to the negligence and no proper exposure to the people about its benefit we recently began to study it in depth. To study the mediational property, we need to understand its nutrient composition which is.
|Nutrient Under Study||Availability of The Nutrient Per 100 Grams|
|Presence of Total Carbs||12.2 grams|
|Presence of Total Protein||4.69 grams|
|Presence of Total Fat||0.13 grams|
|Presence of Total Fiber||1.80 grams|
|Presence of Total Energy||58.80 kcal|
|Presence of Total Sodium||56.1 mg|
|Presence of Total Potassium||266 mg|
|Presence of Total Copper||4.87 mg|
|Presence of Total Calcium||27.93 mg|
|Presence of Total Iron||7.03 mg|
|Presence of Total Vitamin C||50.08 mg|
- From the above table, we can easily predict that kulekhara leaves are a very good source of Vitamin C. We all know that it is a very important nutrient for our body, Vitamin C reduces the risk of chronic diseases, it boosts our immunity, it helps us with iron deficiency also. We know so far that kulekhara leaves help to improve the haemoglobin level of our body, so this nutritional fact holds true. To check other kulekhara leaves benefits we will further analyze its nutritional compositions.
- Kulekhara leaves are a good source of Iron also and due to their presence, they are believed to maintain a healthy level of haemoglobin in our body. Iron is an essential nutrient for over mental and physical growth of the body, with the help of iron body produces haemoglobin which is a form of protein in our RBCs with its main function to carry oxygen from the lungs to another part of the body.
- It also contains a high percentage of potassium and calcium which are very essential micronutrients to our body. They are very essential for our bone health, calcium with potassium and sodium provide ionic balance in our body which results in lowering high Blood Pressure.
How do Kulekhara Leaves help us in maintaining healthy levels of Hemoglobin in our bodies?
It is a well-known phenomenon in India that children and women experience haemoglobin deficiency once in a lifetime. They look anaemic which means their body lacks in necessary RBCs which in turn reduces oxygen supply in their body which can cause fatigue, tiredness, difficulty in breathing, low enthusiasm etc. There are various food items which can provide the necessary iron to our bodies.
When the human body starts to lack this essential nutrient, we need to be dependent on some external supplements and kulekhara leave is one of them. It is a good source of Vitamin C, Copper along with iron which can speed up recovery of your side effects due to low haemoglobin. It is a well-tested lab fact that kulekhara leaves help to improve our haemoglobin level and it takes between 1 to 3 weeks to give the optimum result.
Some other Kulekhara Leaves benefits
- Regular use of kulekhara leaves can help us to reduce high blood sugar, in case you are diabetic regular use of kulekhara leaves can help to improve the insulin sensitivity in the body.
- These leaves are excellent anti-inflammation properties so they can help to cure body inflammation.
- These leaves can help to reduce body pain because of having analgesic properties.
- Kulekhara leaves have anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic properties.
Procedure to consume Kulekhara Leaves
How to make Kulekhara Leaves Juice
- You need to follow the below procedure to make kulekhara leaves juice.
- Take out the leaves from the branches, wash them under the running water and dry them.
- Chop the leaves and put them in the electric chopper or mixer.
- Griend them by adding some water, and strain the green juice.
- Take 1 tablespoon of green juice and add some honey to it and it is ready to consume.
How to make Kulekhara Leaves Tea
- Follow the same procedure till drying up washed leaves.
- Take 2-3 dried leaves and put them in hot water.
- Keep boiling it till it reduces to half.
- Strain the water and let it get lukewarm add 1 tablespoon of honey and have it.
NOTE: Do not add honey to the boiling solution.
How to make Kulekhara Leaves Powder
- Follow the same procedure till drying up washed leaves.
- Dry them for 2-3 days.
- Put the leaves in a grinder and extract the powder.
- Take half a tablespoon of powder, add 1 cup of water and honey and drink it.
Quantity to use of Kulekhara Leaves
|Having kulekhara leaves juice||Twice a day||2-3 weeks daily|
|Having Kulekhara leaves tea||Twice a day||2-3 weeks daily|
|Having kulekhara leaves powder||Twice a day||2-3 weeks daily|
A. Yes, kulekhara leaves are rich in some essential nutrients which are needed by our body in daily living. This plant grows in nature with proven no side effects normally. However, its bitter taste can irritate your taste buds a bit, they are a rich source of iron and vitamin C and have a serious impact on increasing blood haemoglobin to an optimum level.
Kulekhara leaves are the best natural resource to increase blood haemoglobin to an optimum level. All over the world women and children are affected with iron deficiency at least once in a lifetime. These leaves contain a high percentage of iron in it which increases natural haemoglobin in our body.
It is very easy to make kulekhara juice, and you can take it up to 2-3 months daily twice a day. In this meantime check the change in hemoglobin level in your body. Take a teaspoon of kulekhara leaves paste, mix in a glass of water, add 1 tablespoon of honey and consume it.
Kulehra leaves are perfectly natural products with fewer to no real side effects on the body. As a warning you may experience constipation, dark stool, and stomach upset, in case you experience any of these symptoms immediately stop consuming it.
Kulekhara leaves are a very good source to increase iron in our body which in turn increases our hemoglobin level. Another source is Moringa leaves and herb which is known as Nettle. Add two tablespoons of Nettle or Moringa leaves in a cup of hot water, keep it for 10 minutes and drink it.