Our entire existence is dominated by our brain functioning and the chemicals (hormones) it produces inside our system. These chemicals can be the reason for an emotional imbalance. The human body is a beautifully complex system being designed by nature; if we can reboot it and start fresh, we will see the wonders it can create because all the organs in this system are well-designed and well-engineered. Every one of them has its work. Still, they are beautifully in sync with each other.
Reasons We Create Imbalance In Our Life
While designing this system, nature has also made some basic protocols or user manuals to use them effectively and efficiently. Still, we forgot to follow those manuals and pursue our lives. Since then, we have struggled with our system and its identity to adjust to our natural habitat and some unusual societal norms that we have created to satisfy our greed so that we remain at the top of this world, because of that, our body is continuously taking a brutal hit on it in terms of a healthy living.
To cope with this society’s unnecessary demands, we tend to deviate from our natural course to live this life. We try to adjust, but our body is far from syncing with this nature.
Hormones, which are supposed to be responsible for good health, are secreted inside our bodies and are now making it difficult for us to live freely and disease-free. In today’s life, we are talking about stress management. Managing something which is causing harm to us is a debatable topic itself. We are so emotionally deprived that sometimes we cannot even judge what is right or wrong.
What Is An Emotional Imbalance?
We have been given infinite opportunities to explore; instead of thriving to explore the other possibilities, we are struggling to define the basic ground to survive in this world. It is not the challenges in life that trouble us, but how we handle ourselves in front of external stimuli and how we respond to them can sometimes be challenging.
The basic emotions of the human body are mainly anger, love, happiness, fear, contempt, etc. Whenever we are failed to balance them naturally in our body while pursuing life, we may encounter emotional imbalance. There can be different reasons for this imbalance: mental status, hormonal imbalance, societal pressure, and the inability to handle some situations.
Emotional imbalance generally refers to when one of the emotions starts dominating our whole existence it can be over sadness, regret in life, etc., which results in stress, depression, anxiety, other mental illness, or PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
What Is A Hormonal Imbalance?
Hormones are treated as the chief chemicals in our bodies which are responsible for their smooth functioning. Endocrine glands are responsible for producing these hormones; humans secrets hormones through different glands present in different organs like the hypothalamus, pineal, and pituitary in the brain, thyroid and parathyroid in the neck, the thymus in between your lungs, adrenal is top of your kidneys while the pancreas is behind your stomach.
We have different sets of hormones to do different activities in our body; we have growth hormones, hormones that keep a check on all our emotions, and some hormones that help us to do biological activities. We will not go deep into the functioning and classification of hormones, as our main aim is to live in harmony with them.
Whenever our body produces more or less of these chemicals, we may experience health issues. These health issues can be mild and severe at times, and we may need to consult doctors/experts for this.
Our heart health takes a major toll if we are unable to keep ourselves emotionally balanced. Hormonal imbalance plays a huge role while keeping your heart in good shape. To know what else can be done to keep our hearts healthy please click here.
Hormonal Imbalance In Women
- Women, in general, are greatly impacted due to hormonal imbalances. During different stages of life, they may face strong hormonal imbalances when menstruation starts, during puberty, pregnancy, menopause, and post-menopause.
- Hormonal imbalance can also be caused due to malfunctioning of the endocrine gland, bad lifestyle, various environmental factors, excessive stress during periods, etc.
- Women are more susceptible to human emotions; they generally get affected more by a situation. Hence their hormones also fluctuate due to changes in their outer environment. Hormones tend to malfunction when one is emotionally imbalanced.
Hormonal Imbalance Symptoms In Females
- Increase or decrease in appetite and its effects on body weight.
- Irregular menstrual cycle.
- Sudden weight loss or gain.
- Acne, bad skin, and hair loss or thinning.
- Sleep deprived.
- Body cramps.
- Vulnerable to depression and mood swings.
- Some can experience constant headaches also.
How To Handle Hormonal Imbalance?
We can follow many healthy practices so that we can regulate the secretions of hormones in our body by,
- Quitting smoking, not using tobacco in any form, and minimizing taking alcohol.
- Eating healthy things, avoid eating junk, overcooked, fatty, and sugar-rich food.
- Start doing yoga, meditation, or physical activities like swimming, hiking, cycling, etc. Start practising some breathing exercises, and do pranayama.
- Maintain your body weight, and sleep adequately.
- Keep your chronic health conditions in check.
- Consult your doctor and take help.
To read more about hormonal imbalance please click here.
Causes Of Emotional Imbalance?
1. High Societal pressure and high expectations
Humans have lost the true art of living; they are making a mess out of it. A high misconception has entered our society, and we have started evaluating our life based on money and power. The higher we earn, and the more power we possess in society, means we live well. We completely forgot that life is much more than that.
The art of living cannot be so basic that it depends on the money we earn or the power we hold in this society. Most of the time, individuals fail to gain this basic feature which we define as the “foundation of Life.” After failing, we feel immense societal pressure, and we start judging our capabilities and eventually start moving in the direction of stress, depression, and anxiety.
2. Emotional imbalance due to hormones
It can happen due to hormonal imbalance, as discussed earlier, we may go through some emotional imbalance and feel depressed, stressed, and anxious due to a hormone.
3. Fail to live peacefully by doing unnecessary comparisons
In today’s world, communication and interconnectivity are so strong due to the availability of the internet. Well, this benefit has bought its disadvantages too, we socialize through the internet by using many social media websites and apps where we tend to compare our life happiness, goals, etc., with what we see on social media.
This constant comparison led to the downfall of our quality of life. People on social media generally dramatize their experience and sound happy and rich always, and when we start comparing ourselves to some vague thing, the results can be disturbing.
What Is PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)?
When a person has been traumatized during their life, it can be due to some events, maybe a mishappening, a loss, or anything when the person finds it difficult to handle or cope with those events; they may go through PTSD over some time.
Symptoms of PTSD?
- A person may go through certain flashbacks and feel they are happening now and continuously with them.
- They may feel insomnia and have trouble sleeping because of nightmares.
- They can feel physical discomforts like excessive sweating, trembling, and nausea.
- Disturbing thoughts and images in their head.
How To Overcome Emotional Imbalance & PTSD?
Be kind to yourselves and the surroundings
- Do not dwell your mind on unnecessary comparisons. Instead of it, form your goals and work for them. Do not simply get inspired by others, try to learn what they have done to achieve it.
- Do not just limit your thoughts and imagination; try to have an open mindset and think beyond boundaries. Stop evaluating your life with money and luxury, life is much more than that, be a seeker, do not just follow.
- Practise empathy, and always fill yourself with good positive vibes. Read good books, take a walk in nature, socialize and form a healthy relationship. When you feel positive minds will be attracted to you.
Practice healthy behaviour, keep a check on your diet
- Try to sit peacefully, and do not just overthink the consequences they are not in your hands. Instead, please focus on your work and excel in it, good things will follow.
- Eat healthy food, and always remember we are what we eat. If we keep eating unhealthy, nutrient-deficient junk food, we will face changes in our body’s chemical and physical nature.
Ask for help when needed
It is perfectly fine to ask for help when needed. If we feel that our situation is worsening and another person can help us, ask for it. There is no shame in going to a doctor or therapist and taking prescribed medicines.
We have been gifted with a top-notch system that opens many doors of supremacy; we need to run with it properly. Emotional imbalance can happen to anyone; we need to take care of small things in life which I have tried to mention in this blog. If you feel your hormones are causing ill effects on your health, please consult a doctor, this is a very sensitive subject that needs to be dealt with care.