It is said that nature holds the true and magical powers to heal and nourish life in its way. On this note, we will be dedicating our study to one more marvel of nature and understanding Vembalam Pattai’s benefits. It is also known as Alkanet Root; the herbal plant has been found and used all over the world with some distinctive features. In some cultures, it has been used as a natural dye from the ancient period, its root is brown and produces fine colour. We will try to explore Vembalam Pattai’s benefits, especially for our hair and skin. It holds the power to transform and enhance our beauty.
Vembalam Pattai’s distinctive features benefit Hair and Skin
We have been surrounded by many herbal wonders which magically work on our skin and hair-related problems Vembalam Pattai or Alkanet Root is one of them. Our lifestyle changes and various environmental factors cause problems related to our skin like dark spots, wrinkles dullness, inflammation, acne and many more. Similarly, for hair, we go through balding, dandruff, scalp infection irritation, split ends and many more. There is a paradigm shift in using natural remedies over harsh chemical products that are marketed and supplied by pharmaceutical companies. The main benefit is that natural remedies are side effects free and will heal you naturally.
Packed with a Puch!
Nutrient Composition of Vembalam Pattai or Alkanet Root
Vembalam Pattai which is also known as Ratanjot has various benefits and now, we will try to understand its composition and importance.
- This herb has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which are proven to have some miraculous results on our skin and scalp irritation. This property can be due to the presence of an active compound called Alkannin.
- The herb is known to be rich in essential oils. We all know that essential oils like palmitic acid, and linoleic acid are very beneficial for our dull hair scalp and treat various skin conditions.
- Vembalam Pattai’s benefits for the Skin can be further realised due to the presence of a compound called Tannins. It has some anti-ageing properties it helps to tighten the skin, by reducing excess oil and hydrating the skin in the right amount.
- Vembalam Pattai or Alkanet Root have an essential compound Flavonoids which acts as an antioxidant. It helps to detox hair and skin and protect them from the damage caused by some free radicals. This damage can cause premature grey hair and damage to skin tone with some early ageing signs.
- The herb is rich in essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Iron and Potassium. All these nutrients are very necessary to have beautiful skin and hair. They can help to treat conditions like acne and psoriasis and if we talk about hair health, they prevent balding.
- To keep skin healthy, it needs to remain hydrated in the right amount. Dull and rough skin can attract various other problems like acne, premature ageing and psoriasis. They have an active compound called Polysaccharides which can fight all these problems.
- The herbs have various other compounds that give strength to hair and reduce breakage by improving hair texture.
Get your natural look back!
Vembalam Pattai’s benefits for skin
When we use the oil or face mask (the procedure to make them both is explained later in the blog) made up of Vembalam Pattai regularly, we can see the actual difference. The dark spots start reducing, texture starts improving and skin starts glowing.
Helps to improve your skin tone
On regular use of massaging oil or a face pack that is made up of Vembalam Pattai, we can see a drastic improvement in skin tone. It makes the skin even toned by reducing wrinkles and dark spots. Keeps the skin hydrated and makes it feel fresh.
Have anti-ageing properties
Massage oil and face pack made up of Vembalam Pattai have ingredients which are rich in antioxidants and help to remove or flush out free radicals. These free radicals are responsible for premature skin ageing, wrinkles and fine lines. After its regular use, we can get our youthful skin back.
The ingredients present in Vembalam Pattai have anti-inflammatory properties which can help to soothe skin irritation due to acne, eczema, psoriasis or other skin infections.
Improves skin healing
The ingredients present in Vembalam Pattai can promote skin healing by improving skin cell generation. By this, there is a chance for a quick recovery in skin healing.
Hydrate the skin
Massage oil and face pack made up of Vembalam Pattai can remove the excess oil in the pores of the skin which is the main reason to damage it. Regularly applying it not only hydrates the skin but helps to resolve many skin problems. Vembalam Pattai is suitable for almost all skin types but, we recommend you have an expert consultation before using it.
For those rich and shiny hair!
Vembalam Pattai’s benefits for hair
Strengthen the hair follicles
When we apply oil that is made up of Vembalam Pattai (the procedure to make it is explained later in the blog) it will improve the blood flow in the scalp. When the blood flow in the scalp improves, the hair follicles will get the necessary nutrients to grow. Hence, it will strengthen the hair follicles.
The oil made of Vembalam Pattai has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. These properties will help to fight dandruff and the symptoms related to it like itching, dryness, and skin inflammation. It also balances the pH level of the skin which makes it a perfectly useful product for hair.
Prevents hair loss
Vembalam Pattai is rich in Vitamins, Proteins and Minerals. They not only provide the necessary strength to the hair strands but also remove the loss due to balding.
Prevents scalp irritation
By now it is well known that Vembalam Pattai is anti-inflammatory. It reduces the discomfort of the scalp due to skin redness and itching. Its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties also reduce dandruff.
Enhances hair colour and shine
Vembalam Pattai is an amazing herb for hair. It provides natural-looking hydrated hair and fights all known hair problems. Vembalam Pattai is suitable for almost all skin types but, we recommend you have an expert consultation before using it.
Arappu Powder is proven to be an excellent remedy for fighting against dandruff. Click here to know more.
Ways to use Vembalam Pattai or Ratanjot
Use of Vembalam Pattai or Ratanjot to make hair oil
- Take 50 ml of virgin coconut oil and add another 25 ml of virgin castor oil and 25 ml of olive oil in a large container preferably a glass container.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the ground Vembalam Pattai root with some fenugreek seeds (Methi dana in Hindi) and a few curry leaves (Kadi patta in Hindi).
- Heat the whole mixture on a stove and let it cool. Keep it inside the glass bottle and keep it in direct sun for another 2 to 3 days.
- During these days and while heating the mixture oil base will slowly dissolve the nutrients of Vembalam Pattai, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.
- Massage your scalp with light hands leave it for an hour or two and clean your scalp with a good natural ingredient ayurvedic or baby shampoo. Repeat this therapy twice a week. Within 2 or 3 months you can witness hair growth and reduction in dandruff.
Use of Vembalam Pattai or Ratanjot to make face packs or in skin burns
- Make Vembalam Pattai or Ratanjot oil by taking 50 ml of olive oil and ground 1 tablespoon of Vembalam Pattai root.
- Heat the mixture and keep it in the sun for another 2 or 3 days now you will get the Vembalam Pattai or Ratajot oil.
- Take 1 tablespoon of this oil and mix it with 2 tablespoons of gram flour (besan) and half a tablespoon of turmeric powder (haldi) to it.
- Add half a cup of milk as it is a very good natural cleanser, you can also add 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Make a thick paste, make sure it does not have any lumps then apply evenly on your face and keep it there for 5 minutes.
- Wash your face with water only, you will witness glowing skin. (We recommend not using soap)
- Apply Vembalam Pattai or Ratanjot oil on the sunburns or dark spots directly.
- Apply it 4 to 5 times daily for a quick result.
5 important benefits of Vembalam Pattai or Alkanet Root
The main benefits of Vemalam Patti can be experienced with good skin and hair conditions. This herb has various other benefits also, which are less known, these are:
For Anti-Inflammatory properties
Vembalam Pattai or Ratanjot oil has anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation in the skin can be caused by various reasons acne, skin eczema and psoriasis are a few reasons, it can reduce the inflammation when applied regularly on the affected areas.
Help to heal the wounds. It has an amazing property to generate new skin cells when applied to a wounded area. It can accelerate the healing process and prevent scarring.
The Naphthoquinones present in Vembalam Pattai or Ratanjot have anti-cancerous properties.
Even skin tone
It has astringent properties, when oil or face pack is used regularly it will take out the excess oil of the skin, even tone and tighten it.
As a medicine
In some parts, people have used it for reducing menstrual discomfort, improving digestion and promoting overall health.
Side effects of Vembalam Pattai or Ratanjot
Apart from this herb being loaded with various benefits let us talk about some possible side effects. There are no serious side effects which have been noted so far, but we suggest you use it under the supervision of an expert. A few notable side effects are,
Vomiting & Diarrhoea
When taken without the supervision of an expert we generally tend to overdose it. When we take more than the recommended dose, we can experience vomiting and diarrhoea.
Allergic reaction in the body
Our body’s skin can be different and it can act differently when exposed to various compounds. Certain skin types can be allergic to this herb, so individuals can experience skin rashes, itching, redness and swelling. We recommend immediately discontinuing the use of Vembalam Pattai in such conditions.
Not safe for pregnant and lactating mothers
It is advised by experts that females who are expecting a baby or if they are lactating mothers should avoid the use of Vembalam Pattai in any form.
Avoid deep wounds and skin sensitivity
It is said that we should avoid it in deep wounds. It is also advised that all those people who have very sensitive skin should not use it.
Purity of product
We should always use the product which is coming out from a reputable and reliable source. Adulteration of this product may result in some unknown adverse effects.
Vembalam Pattai or Ratanjot has amazing effects on hair. We can use the benefits provided by this herb and make a hair oil from it.
Procedure to use it: We need to take 50 ml of virgin coconut oil, 25 ml of virgin castor oil and 25 ml of olive oil and mix all of them in a bowl. Take 1 tablespoon of Vembalam Patti in the powdered form you can also add fenugreek seeds (methi daana) and curry leaves (kadi pata). Boil the whole mixture, now pour all of it into a glass jar and leave it in direct sunlight for 2 to 3 days. During this period the oil base will dissolve the nutrients of Vembalam Patti, Curry leaves and Fenugreek seed. Use the oil to massage your scalp, keep it for 1 or 2 hours, and wash it with a good Ayurvedic or baby shampoo. You can see the results within 2 to 3 months of use.
If you are using Vembalam Pattai for hair growth it can give you some excellent results. You can make oil by using Vembalam Pattai and massage 2 to 3 times a week wash your hair after keeping it for 1 to 2 hours. After 3 months you can see a regrowth and change in hair texture.
Procedure to make hair oil: Use coconut oil, castor oil and olive oil as a base. Add powdered form of Vembalam Pattai, Fenugreek Seeds and Curry Leaves. Leave the whole mixture for 2 to 3 days in direct sunlight. Use this oil and massage your scalp.
Vembalam Pattai or Ratanjot is excellent for the skin, you can use it to get clear beautiful skin. It will fight anti-ageing issues, keep the skin hydrated and even tone the skin.
Procedure to use it: Take 1 tablespoon of Ratanjot oil and mix it with 2 tablespoons of gram flour and half a tablespoon of turmeric powder. Add half a cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of honey. Make a thick paste by mixing it and applying it evenly on your face. Keep it on your face for 5 minutes, and wash it with cold water. We recommend not to use soap.
Q4. Can we use Vembalam Pattai daily
As beneficial as Vembalam Pattai is & to get its advantages we need to know the correct amount to use it. If we use Vembalam Pattai or Ratanjot oil 2 to 3 times a week and massage our hair with it. We will amazing transformation in our hair quality. Vembalam Pattai face pack should also be used 2 to 3 times a week. We recommend you consult an expert before using it, to know the correct dosages to use.